Chicken Jalfrezi - Low FODMAP / Gluten Free / Lactose Free / Dairy Free / Egg Free
Another low FODMAP fake-away from Lauren Loves!
This recipe is a taste of what's to come in our online store very soon - it's so delicious and perfect for the whole family to enjoy. No need to make up a separate dish for you, and another for everyone else. You can always add a few extra veggies in if there are ones you like and know you can tolerate, or if you want to make this into a veggie dish.
What you'll need:
1 tbsp Garlic infused oil
1 tin of organic cherry tomatoes
3 tbsp Coconut milk (shake the can / mix beforehand)
1 tsp Ground cumin
1/4 tsp Asafoetida
2 cardamom pods (crack them open and get the seeds out)
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tsp Ground coriander
1 tsp Tumeric
Dried chilli flakes (to your taste)
2 inches Fresh ginger, grated
3 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
2 Chicken breasts, chopped into bitesize pieces
Rice or grains to serve (your choice)
What to do:
1. Mix up all of the dry spices to form a spice mix
2. Heat your oil in a pan on a medium heat
3. Add the chicken, grated ginger and the spices, and mix to cover the chicken with the spices
4. Cook until chicken starts to appear cooked on the outside
5. Add your tin of tomatoes and coconut milk
6. Heat on a medium heat for 5 minutes then add the spinach and let wilt on the surface of the sauce
7. After 2 more minutes, mix the spinach in to combine together
8. Serve with your choice of rice or grains and a sprinkle of parsley on top!
NB. The grains I have pictured with my curry aren't low FODMAP, but there are lots of delicious rice or grain alternatives!